Monday, June 2, 2008

Wild West Dance Festival


It seems so long since I have posted anything new, or even commented on your blogs. Sorry! I have been extremely busy getting all of the end of the year festivities out of the way.

I am teaching summer school for the whole month of June and have been very busy getting that program underway. Today was the first day and it went very well.

Enough of the business let's get to the new post. It is a tradition at Manila Elementary to have a Dance Festival at the end of the year. Each grade level is responsible for creating a dance that their students can participate in. Lucky for me I have two talented dancers on my team that created this dance.

The theme was a wild west stampede. We were supposed to pick country songs. If you know me you know that I am not a big fan of country music. So we chose the song on the movie Cars by Rascal Flats called Life is a Highway. The students loved it! It is also tradition to get the students all matching shirts. You might be able to see the shirts from the video but if not there is a little car on the front and on the back of the shirt it says "Speedin' through 2nd Grade" with a highway and a small sign with 3rd on it. The students did a great job performing for the school and their parents.

I am glad this year is over, but saddened a little bit to loose my students. I had a wonderful group of students this year. I am so glad I had the privilege of being their teacher!
The video is coming. I have never done this before. If anyone can help me post a video it will be appreciated!

10 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh Mrs. Deaver!! How we will miss you. I too am saddened by the fact that the school year is over! McKay sure did love you as his teacher and I loved you even more! The dance festival was great and McKay still does the dance routine for me at home and at times I will catch him performing all by himself. When he sees me, he just laughes.
Thanks for making his 2nd grade school year a memorable one. I know I've said this before, but I will say it again, YOUR AMAZING!!!

janan grange said...

Mrs. Deaver!!! Britton already misses you and your class. He loved you as his teacher and said your the best one yet. Thanks for all the time and effort you gave this year to the students. He still wants to come and do summer school. He hasn't let that one drop.
Thanks again for all you've done. See you next year.

Derick and Becky said...

Holly! Ok you probably don't remember me but I was in your cohort at UVSC! It looks like you are doing well! Man, we spent SO much time together us 8 to 12-ers for two years, we need to have a reunion to see where everyone is now!

mj said...

such cute kids. i totally miss manila...never thought I would, but I do. good luck with summer school. I will be in Orem visiting the In-laws July 4th to July 12. I would love to see you. Let me know if you will be in town!

Bart and Krista said...

Go Mustangs! I miss that school. There's no place like Manila. I can't wait to see the video. How's your garden? Mine needs a little assistance!!

Heather Bird said...

Here I am making a comment you can die now!! Cute pictures of your class. You know that is one of Brendan and Jordan's favorite.

Shanna said...

Geese mrs. Deaver. Don't you ever want a break from teaching?! your little class is so cute. I miss elememtry school sometimes. I wish I would have had a young cute teacher like you. Hey by the way did you get our email about the cruise?! are you guys in or what???? Hello the party won't start unless you guys come!

big hugs!

Shanna

AmyJane said...

Holly,
About uploading videos, I've never had the file size too large message. However, when I can't get the video button to work for any reason, I just upload the video at Google videos instead and then paste the HTML code it gives me into my blog post. Worth a try!

Lindz said...

What a fun teacher you are!! Seriously...your kids are so lucky! I love the pics from the teacher dance! Ha!! That last week of school is the one time that I actually miss being a teacher!! =) Hope you enjoy summer school!!

Kendal and Alissa said...

Your kids are so cute. What a fun way to end the year! Have fun with summer school. I can't wait for the good weather to come...crazy Utah!