Friday, October 17, 2008

REAL Soccer- THE NEW STADIUM


A couple of months ago Tommy came home from work and was talking about the new REAL soccer stadium in Sandy. I have to be honest- I had heard of the REAL soccer team but that was about all. He told me that Xango sponsors the team and he could get us some tickets. We decided to get 2 tickets for the first game at their new stadium. The day of the game it was extremely cold! If you know me you know I don't like to be cold so I planned accordingly. I was wearing about 5 layers of clothes on the top, a beanie, a hoodie, a fleece, and my winter coat. I also had a blanket to keep my legs warm.
The game was a blast. I had never been to a professional soccer game before so when the players all walked out holding the hands of cute little kids I asked Tommy what the little kids were doing. He told me that all pro soccer teams do that. That is so cute.


The highlight of the evening was when one of the REAL players got kicked in head. The player on the other team was yellow carded by the ref. He didn't like that call and started pushing the ref around. This went on for a little bit and soon he was red carded and was ejected from the game.
Tommy and I don't do things like this much and we really enjoyed it. Unfortunately the game ended in a tie (1 to 1). The stadium is beautiful. There isn't a bad seat in the house. There is only game left this season. If you are looking for a good date night this is one you need try out but you'll have to wait until the new season starts next year.

No comments: