Saturday, March 28, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

For a teacher this week is like Christmas, we get spoiled rotten! Anyway my room mom who I consider one of my good friends decorated my door this year. So those of you that don't know, Tommy and I are huge Duke basketball fans. She knew this and decided that since it was March Madness that this is what she would do to decorate my door.

As you can see from the pictures she did a phenominal job with everything she put on the door. Click to enlarge the picture and you will see that she remembered all the little details. The only thing I would have made it any better than it was was if I had a bigger door and had pictures of all of my students with crazy Duke blue wigs on, my little Cameron Crazies! (The die hard student section at every home game in Cameron Indoor Stadium is know as a Cameron Crazie)

This picture was taken on Thursday, the day of the big game. Notice the Duke attire.

Unfortunently after persuading all of my students to root for our blue devils they disappointed us, losing to Villanova in the sweet sixteen. It was a sad day in the Deaver home, nonetheless, there is always next year! GO BLUE DEVILS!!

15 comments:

Kensie said...

Your door is so so cute, I love it. This week really is like Christmas, I seriuosly look forward to it all year..
See you Sunday.

Shanna said...

i appreciate you and your not my teacher, but you sure took good care of little Rhett during church. your the best! I love your guts and I wish my kids had you as their teacher!

Jedda said...

You deserve to be celebrated! And I love your shoes :)

Pays said...

I'm glad that you got spoiled!!! You deserve it!

Bart and Krista said...

You always have such cute doors. I miss teacher appreciation week. I should try to talk Bart into decorating my bedroom door with some cute saying and a picture of my face on some character's body. Sorry about DUKE. I didn't complete a bracket, but my husbands was all wrong. Better luck next year, right?

Suzanne said...

Wow I had no idea that you guys were such die-hard fans of Duke! That was a sad day for our house too. Unfortunately our brackets are totally damaged by our loyalty. There's always next year!

Lindz said...

So good to see you back on here!! I've missed your blog updates!! =) Anyway...cute door...you are such a fun teacher!! =)

Kendal and Alissa said...

Love the door! Plus you look so cute and tiny!

Kristy said...

What a dang cool door! My sister loves teacher appreciation week too. Okay, and about the enrichment...can I say anything but AMAZING??? Your enrichments are so awesome and I really am so sad that I'm not there to go to them. You do such a great job. The perfect calling for you fo sho!

Kristy said...

Oh yeah and I would love to see what the game was like kristyrcook@gmail.com Thanks!

AMY MICHELLE said...

I am glad to hear you get spoiled rotten, every teacher deserves that, especially fantastic ones like you! It seems like you teach at a really great school! That door is awesome. Are you going to keep it up the rest of the year? It would be hard to out do it.

Katrina said...

Hey Holly! Long time no see! I found your blog on Dawns and had to see what you are up to. I have a blog too but it is private. Email me and I will send you an invite. My email is Katrinansmith@juno.com

Teisha said...

Hi Holly! You are a teacher of course...Yeah! I remember all the binders and stuff you had to do while in school. I have a blog too... www.thehunsakerfam.blogspot.com
I wrote on your facebook too! Glad to hear you are doing well!

Suzanne said...

LOVE the new background! I'm starting to get sick of mine.

malleygirl said...

Hey Deavers! I'm not sure if you even remember us, but I came across your blog when looking for teacher appreciation doors! What a small world! come check out our blog
Bekky malesich